Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Whiners

Here's the problem with some democrats: they're whiners. Don't get me wrong, I was raised a democrat and tend to vote democrat, but democrats can be major whiners. Somewhere along the way my parents changed sides of the table so we just don't talk politics.

The 2008 race isn't just about Obama or Clinton or McCain. It's about NO McCain. I'm tired of hearing Dems say "if
my candidate isn't the nominee, I cannot possibly vote for the other person so I just won't vote OR I'll vote for McCain." Great... another four years of what we've had for the last eight. Voting for McCain (or Nader) guarantees Dems, yet again, snatch defeat from the jaws of victory by giving the White House to McCain. Leaving the president section blank on your ballot also hands the White House to McCain.

The thing to remember here is that this election cycle isn't just about Obama or Clinton or who is sniping at who or whose minister says what, it's about a couple of lifetime appointments to the Supreme Court by whomever is elected President. GW Bush already put two of his lackeys in there who are anti-choice and pro several other things I am not. We don't need McCain putting in any more anti-choice justices or anyone else who doesn't understand separation of church and state. SIX of our current justices (remember, it's nine total) were appointed by republicans.

We may have to find another country to live in next year if the Dems hand the election to McCain.

1 comment:

Elwood said...

I hear that Amsterdam is lovely this time of year.