I suck at blogs, but I figure it's a good place to start planning our October trip to Australia. Three days in Sydney, 9 or 10 days in W.A with our home base in Perth and then back to Sydney for a night.
We're staying at the Four Seasons when we come into Sydney. It's just this side of the edge of my comfort level. Some other hotel options were way too hifalutin for me. We're supposed to get a room with a view of the Opera House and a tour of the Opera House is definitely on the "must do" list. Also on the list are a visit to the Sydney Aquarium and the Bridge Climb despite my fear of heights. I think with all of those things, plus eating, wandering around and shopping, our Sydney portion of the trip may be pretty full. I'll miss the Aussie version of a Basenji Specialty by four days which is a bummer, but I don't think Todd would be up for changing our trip by four days just so I can go to a dog show.
Speaking of dogs, I do want to pick up some Kangaroo leather while there so I can try to make some of my own leashes.
As for Perth and WA, I'm a bit stuck. Nathan and Kris are coming up with ideas so that's a help, but pretty much anything big you want to do in WA requires a long drive. I just need to find out how long everyone can or will tolerate. I'd like to swim with dolphins or at least see some up close. I'd also like to do the Valley of the Giants, drink Australian wine and try some Australian cuisine. Nathan and Todd are already plotting to get me snorkeling despite my fear of water (I'm going to Australia with these two fears???) and I've agreed as long as someone is close by for me to grab and take with me if I'm going to drown or be eaten by a shark.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment