No, not certifiable, though some would argue for that. Some time ago I wrote that I was a student again. Last week I had Monday off for the holiday and spent the rest of the week from 8:30 - 4:30 Tuesday through Saturday in class learning more about canine anatomy, watching demonstrations of massage techniques, practicing on various dogs that hang out at the school and generally having a wonderful time and not missing my real job at all. This Friday I will sign up to continue my studies but as of 2/21 I am a certified Small Animal Massage Practitioner through the Northwest Schoool of Animal Massage. I scored 99/100 on my practical (instructor doesn't give out 100s) and received good comments on all my charts and daily journal exercises.
No, I am not licensed so I'm not putting out a shingle to do business and cannot accept payment. Yes I will be practicing on friend's dogs and cats (maybe on the cats... they have razors for claws) but since I spend much of my free time at a dog school I have had lots of offers of dogs to practice on plus the ones already in my house.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
YAY!!! So proud of you!
The dogs, on the other hand, are on the fence. This = more torture.
Congrats! Truly awesome accomplishment :)
CONGRATS!
Oh wow, so exciting!
Post a Comment