I picked up my materials from the NWSAM offices yesterday. They are all in a big red binder of stuff to read, quizzes to take, a couple of anatomy workbooks, pen, pencil, highlighter, DVD and lifesavers. First chapter and first quiz down with a 100%. Since I do so much with the dog school and chapter one was all on handling, dog behavior etc., it was pretty easy. Next up is anatomy. Not so easy. I never did like science classes all that much.
The woman who gave me my stuff informed me there will be a book report due my first day of the Practical (when I go take the real tests and hands on stuff). I almost walked out. It's been oh.. 14 years since I had to do any sort of paper beyond a resume or cover letter. They were very specific on font and font size, but failed to mention spacing and margins so I know I remember a few things from college and how to stretch out papers. This one also has to include charts or diagrams or something, I'm going to put off thinking about it as long as I can. I have some of my old papers around. I may have to go back and refresh myself on what to do.
I'm still excited, but I have to say it feels weird to be a student again. I've taken a few week long training classes for work over the years, but this is different. I'm actually interested in this, not taking it for work or because I have to.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Bonus for me...I get to make out with a cute co-ed again!
elwood? Again? I didn't think you got to make out with cute co-eds when you were in school...
Post a Comment